20.2.12

Men's Monday

I would just like to start off by saying thank you to Kat for taking over Men's Monday for the past 2 weeks while I was off gallivanting about.



I want to take a break from fashion this week
and do an inspiration post which is something
I haven't done before. These past 2 years,
I've dealt with a lot of obstacles and adversity
to get to where I am now, which is only the
beginning of where I want to be in 2 years. So
to kick start this next chapter in my life, a chapter
that I'm sure will be filled with highs and lows,
endless days of hard work and determination,
sore muscles, perseverance, sacrifices and hardships...here are some quotes from a journal that I've been keeping which inspire me:





"Fear may be the toughest obstacle to overcome, for it will eat your heart out if you let it. Fear -- of whatever your opponent may be -- will cost you more dearly and cause you more pain than any other person ever could.

It is through this realization, this intimacy and closeness with ourselves, that we see past the obvious battles with gravity, speed and the elements.


It is here that we discover one simple truth about competition: In sport, as in life, the real opponent, the only real enemy, is within.

Your primary opponent, your biggest rival, is your own fear. The battle can be won. It happens every day to people all around you. No need to  be afraid. Go out and play."




"The quickest way to acquire self-confidence is to do exactly what you are afraid to do."

"L'espoire me reste dans l'orage. / My hope remains even in the storm."
 
As tweeted by @JGuthrie46 
"There are thousands of people with exceptional talent 
stuck at 'end of the bench' like Jeremy Lin was 
2 weeks ago, never give up! #Inspiration #MakeItCount"

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
      -Marilyn Monroe



 
No matter what happens to me in the next 2 years while chasing my dreams, one thing I know for certain, is that I will be happy as long as I can look in a mirror and know that I put 100% -if not more- into everything to achieve them; to look in the mirror and say to myself "it was worth it."




"To will is a great thing...for Action and Work usually follow Will, and almost always Work is accompanied by Success. These three things, Work, Will, Success, fill human existence. Will opens the door to success both brilliant and happy; Work passes these doors, and at the end of the journey Success comes to crown one's efforts. "
      -Louis Pasteur



 #MusicMonday

 "I promise you that,
We're marching on." 
                              - OneRepublic

xo,
Jer

No comments:

Post a Comment