9.12.11

The Beat Cares

Sharing is Caring

Kat here!

Hi everyone!
Decided to kick off my Friday by heading down to Brentwood Town Centre (4567 Lougheed Hwy, Burnaby) for the annual Beat Cares Holiday Toy and Food Drive! All contributions will be going to the Salvation Army, the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society, and the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau.


The Beat will be airing live until 10PM tonight and accepting donations of cash, new unwrapped toys, and non-perishable food items.


I brought down a couple of cans to add to the HUGE pile thats already accumulated! And its only 10am!
It's so important to remind ourselves that every little bit counts, one can to us can mean so much more to a person in need.


Who remembers that wonderful feeling of waking up Christmas morning and having presents under the tree? These toy donations are going to be providing less fortunate kids with that memory and experience!


On that note, I'm making it my own personal goal {a New Year's resolution perhaps..?} to make more of these kinds of efforts year-round. Be it through volunteering my time, or making small donations, I too often forget that there are those in need at all times of the year.


Truly amazed and astounded by the generosity I saw from the little time I spent over at The Beat Cares Holiday Toy and Food Drive -
Kudos to all the volunteers, The Beat 94.5, all of the supporters, and of course, everyone for donating!



Keep it up Van City! 


Kat, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment