23.7.12

Men's Monday

NOH8 Follow-Up

            So if you've been following Men's Monday from the beginning, you'll know that I volunteered at the NOH8 photo shoot when it came into Vancouver a couple of weeks ago. Well guess what! I finally got my photo back and I am so excited to share it accompanied with some of what went down at the event. (It's about time right?!)

            My wonderful friends Kyle and Caroline volunteered with me and the event was catered with delicious food courtesy of the Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside Hotel. It felt really great to support such an amazing cause and with great friends, good food, eager volunteers and great energy from those in attendance, the hours just flew by.



From The Real Housewives of Vancouver, both Reiko and Mary (who are sweethearts in real life) as well as their families attended and supported the event followed close behind by media and fans. 



















              I got the opportunity to get my photo taken by celebrity photographer Adam Bouska (can cross this off my bucket list) at the end of the night and I was so impressed with his infectious energy and upbeat personality even after hours and hours of being on his feet taking photos. He made sure everyone got their opportunity and was so easy to work with. I can honestly say I've never felt so comfortable in front of a camera with him directing me from behind the lens. 


I hope the NOH8 team comes back  to Vancouver in the future & you can count on me volunteering again for this inspiring cause. Now, without further ado... 

Here's my photo!
 
What do you think? Nailed it? :)
 
#MusicMonday
"I been worryin' that we all live our lives 
in the confines of fear"
                             -Ben Howard
Jer xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment